Minecraft PS4: A Step-by-Step Guide to Adding Servers
Saturday, September 2, 2023
Minecraft on the PlayStation 4 (PS4) is an exciting way to dive into the blocky world of creativity and adventure. While the game offers a fantastic single-player experience, many players yearn for the thrill of multiplayer adventures. To unlock this potential, adding servers to your Minecraft PS4 experience is essential. In this step-by-step guide, we'll walk you through the process of adding servers to your Minecraft PS4 edition, enabling you to embark on exciting multiplayer journeys.
1. Prepare Your PS4:Before you start adding servers, ensure that your PS4 is powered on and connected to the internet. You'll also need an active PlayStation Network (PSN) account to access online multiplayer features.
2. Launch Minecraft:From your PS4 home screen, navigate to the Minecraft icon and launch the game. Wait for the game to load and reach the main menu.
3. Access the 'Friends' Tab:In the Minecraft main menu, select the "Friends" tab. This tab is your gateway to online multiplayer and servers.
4. Add a Friend:In Minecraft PS4, adding a server is done by adding a friend. You'll need the friend's Microsoft Gamertag, which serves as their in-game identifier. To add a friend:
- Select "Add Friend."
- Enter your friend's Microsoft Gamertag.
- Confirm the Gamertag and send the friend request.
5. Accept Friend Requests:Your friend will need to accept your friend request to complete the connection. Once they accept, you can move on to the next step.
6. Create or Join a Party:To interact with your friend in-game, create or join a party. A party allows you to group up and explore servers together. Follow these steps:
- Go to the "Friends" tab.
- Select your friend's name and choose "Invite to Party."
- Once your friend accepts the party invitation, you can proceed.
7. Browse and Join Servers:Now that you're in a party, it's time to browse and join servers together. Here's how:
- From the party screen, select "Joinable Friends" or "Friends of Friends."
- Browse the list of available servers and select the one you want to join.
- Confirm your choice, and both you and your friend will enter the selected server together.
8. Explore and Enjoy:Congratulations! You've successfully added a server and joined a multiplayer world in Minecraft PS4. Explore, build, and embark on adventures with your friend and other players on the server.
- Remember that Minecraft PS4 uses the Bedrock Edition, which allows for cross-play with players on various platforms.
- Servers may have specific rules and features, so be sure to familiarize yourself with their guidelines and communities.
- As you add more friends, you can easily invite them to your Minecraft adventures by following the same steps in the "Friends" tab.
Adding servers to Minecraft PS4 opens up a world of multiplayer possibilities, allowing you to connect with friends and explore diverse player-created realms. By following this step-by-step guide, you can seamlessly add servers, join your friends, and embark on blocky adventures together, creating memorable moments in the ever-expanding Minecraft universe.